Chester Same-Sex Marriage Attorneys
Reputable Family Law Representation for LGBTQ Families
In October 2013, same-sex marriage was legalized in the state of New Jersey. In 2015, the Supreme Court made same-sex marriage legal in all states. As a result, same-sex partners can now enjoy all of the state and federal rights, benefits, and responsibilities that opposite-sex marriages enjoy. Before they could legally marry, same-sex couples were only allowed to enter into domestic partnerships or civil unions with limited rights and benefits. Under the new laws, same-sex partners now may need the same legal representation as other married partners for actions like prenuptial agreements, divorce, child support, child custody, alimony, and more.
If you are in a same-sex relationship or marriage and need legal help with any aspect of family law, we urge you to consult with a Chester same-sex marriage attorney at Edens Law Group. Our firm provides dedicated legal support to anyone with a family law issue and is especially sensitive to the needs of same-sex couples and LGBTQ families. No matter how difficult or complex your situation may be, we are here to ensure that your legal rights are protected, that you receive attentive and strong advocacy, and that your best interests are reflected in the resolution of your case.
Family Law Issues for Same-Sex Couples
Same-sex couples face all the same family matters as opposite-sex couples. However, given recent changes in the law, their cases can sometimes be more challenging to approach and resolve.
At Edens Law Group, we can help you address:
- Legal documents for entering into a civil union
- Divorce with issues of child support, alimony, custody and visitation, and the division of marital property
- Dissolution of a domestic partnership or civil union
- Parentage/the establishment of a legal parent-child relationship that may involve a second-parent adoption
- Prenuptial agreements/the protection of assets and property brought into a same-sex marriage
- Modifications of court orders regarding child support, child custody, or alimony
Edens Law Group has kept up with all of the recent and ongoing changes to matrimonial law and LGBTQ rights. Our Chester same-sex marriage attorneys welcome the opportunity to serve you with diligence and compassion.
Reach out to us at (908) 259-6565 to get started.