Chester Alimony Attorneys
Pursuing Your Best Interests in Divorce
Alimony is the payment one ex-spouse pays the other during or after a divorce. New Jersey law has established several different types of alimony to address the needs of the spouse who has little or no earning power or whose financial condition will suffer significantly due to the divorce.
Do you need legal representation in either seeking or contesting alimony? At Edens Law Group, we have been in the practice of divorce and family law since 1994. Our longstanding presence and practice in this field has earned us a reputation for stellar service and an abundance of knowledge and experience. If you need trusted legal support, look no further than our legal team.
Alimony in New Jersey
Alimony is not meant to punish or reward. It is meant to help the parties be able to live on a somewhat fair and equal basis until the lower-earning spouse can become financially independent.
In New Jersey, alimony can be awarded:
- On a temporary basis while the divorce is pending
- On a limited basis until the receiving spouse can become self-supporting
- On a permanent basis, generally in the case of a long marriage and where other factors support such an award
- As a rehabilitative award to provide financial resources for education or training that will lead to a new job or career
- As reimbursement to a spouse who provided necessary support for his or her partner to advance education or training in pursuit of a career
Courts can order one or a combination of support options to be paid on a monthly basis. Alimony can also be sought as a lump-sum payment.
Consult with Edens Law Group Today
Understanding your options, the factors that courts review to determine alimony, and where you stand in regard to this issue is crucial. With help from one of our trusted Chester alimony attorneys, you can be assured that you will get the answers you need and that your case will be handled with care.
Request a free one-hour strategy session by calling (908) 259-6565 today.